Tuesday, March 30, 2021

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/


Guv: Swabbing before entry will be reimposed

Posted: 30 Mar 2021 06:12 AM PDT

NEGROS Occidental Governor Eugenio Jose Lacson said he will issue an executive order (EO) declaring the province under modified general community quarantine (MGCQ) and will re-impose the swabbing before entry policy in airports and seaports for travelers starting April 1.

Lacson said he will take the risk of reimposing the old protocol and put it on the EO because it will still be subject to the review of the Inter-Agency Agency Task Force.

"If they say that we are violating, then we will act. Anyway, we will be complying with the other provisions of Resolution 101 like the S-Pass and StaySafe. We will be abiding by that but there will be a slight change because we will insist on swab upon entry," Lacson said.

Lacson pointed out that all EOs are being reviewed by the Regional Inter-Agency Task Force and whenever they send a notice of non-conformity with the AITF Resolution, "we'll [abide] but we will insist to go back to the old protocol."

Lacson also revealed that the Association of Chief Executives has passed a resolution of also going back to the old protocol of swabbing before entry.

Resolution 101 of the IATF imposed a uniform travel protocol of requiring travelers a certificate of negative result of RT-PCR test 72 hours before travel.

But Lacson noted that there have been a lot of cases where RT-PCR results are being faked.

This posting includes an audio/video/photo media file: Download Now

Bacolod Government Center grounds temporarily closed

Posted: 30 Mar 2021 06:10 AM PDT

BACOLOD City Mayor Evelio Leonardia has ordered the temporary closure of the Bacolod Government Center (BGC) grounds effective March 29 until April 4.

This came after Bacolod City recorded 33 new Covid-19 cases on Monday, March 29, the highest number of new cases in the city in a day since last week of November 2020.

Of the number, seven are nurses, one doctor and others are close contacts and admitted in a hospital.

Leonardia, in a video message, said that due to the sudden spike of Covid-19 cases in the city, effective March 29 until April 4, the BGC grounds will be temporarily closed.

He said in previous weeks, the city also recorded about 20 to 25 Covid-19 cases a day which had not happened for a long time.

The mayor noted that it was on November 8, 2020 that the city recorded 40 Covid-19 cases in a day.

"We are hopeful that our people will understand us. This is a preventive measure, this is not a lockdown," Leonardia said.

As of March 29, Bacolod City has a total of 6, 037 Covid-19 cases. Of the number, 5, 652 patients already recovered, 198 active cases with 187 deaths.

Leonardia said last month, the city's Covid-19 active cases already dropped to 24 and not its 198 active cases.

"Please continue to strictly follow health protocols and avoid social gatherings. For now, we are also lacking hospital beds because some of the health workers were also tested positive of the virus," he said.

Moreover, Leonardia said they are also finalizing the executive order to regulate the beaches especially on the celebration of Easter Sunday on April 4.

He said it has been observed that during that day, thousands of people were having parties on beaches so they wanted to regulate it.

He added that they will also discuss even the coffee shops and resorts in the area of Barangay Alangilan.

The mayor said these are their plans to prevent the spread of the virus and to avoid the sudden spike of Covid-19 cases in the city.

This posting includes an audio/video/photo media file: Download Now

Guv: Continue to be vigilant against Covid-19

Posted: 30 Mar 2021 06:07 AM PDT

NEGROS Occidental Governor Eugenio Jose Lacson called on Negrenses, especially those traveling during the Holy Week break, to remain vigilant and observe health protocols as active Covid-19 cases continue to rise in the country. "To all the Negrenses, please be reminded that the number of Covid-19 cases in the country is increasing by the hour, that we in the Provincial Government are doing everything to contain the spread in our province," Lacson said. "I am urging everyone, especially those who are traveling to be mindful of their actions and practice the mandated health protocols with purposeful vigilance, not with foolhardy efforts meant to comply in form but not in substance," the governor said. "Remember that the nature of the virus and the mode of its transmission remain the same," he pointed out. Lacson said that "people are still the carriers of the Covid-19 virus, hence, let us use our highest form of discretion and caution in our actions and conduct."

This posting includes an audio/video/photo media file: Download Now

Bacolod-Iloilo sea trips remain normal

Posted: 30 Mar 2021 06:05 AM PDT

THE sea trips between Bacolod City and Iloilo remained normal throughout the day, Tuesday, March 30, as the observance of the Holy Week began this week.

Based on records released by the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) in Negros Occidental, as of 3 p.m. of March 30, they have only recorded 522 outbound passengers, while inbound passengers stand at 241 for both the Bredco and Banago ports.

The PCG station also reported that seven roll-on/roll-off and six fast craft vessels were available.

The PCG in the province also noted that they expect the number of passengers to increase by Wednesday afternoon, March 31, as most of the businesses and offices finish their work week prior to the Holy Thursday holiday.

Vessels leaving the Bredco port are also strictly being checked by PCG personnel prior to leaving port, making sure that the ships are in good sailing condition and the passengers are following proper health protocols.

As of Tuesday, the PCG said only ferry operator FastCat had announced that it will suspend trips on April 2 in observance of Good Friday and will return to normal operations on April 3, Black Saturday.

The PCG national headquarters had earlier placed its entire districts, stations, and sub-stations on "heightened alert" to manage the influx of port passengers during the Lenten season this week.

This posting includes an audio/video/photo media file: Download Now

Drug suspect arrested in Bacolod

Posted: 30 Mar 2021 06:02 AM PDT

A DRUG personality was arrested by operatives of Police Station 10 in Purok Paho, Barangay Felisa, Bacolod City Monday afternoon, March 29, 2021.

Police identified the suspect as Ronnie Goboli, 40, of Purok Masinulondon, Barangay Punta Taytay.

Police Lieutenant Ma. Liberty Indiape, spokesperson of Bacolod City Police Office (BCPO), said Goboli was arrested after he sold a sachet of shabu to a police undercover around 5:40 p.m.

Police recovered from Goboli's possession three sachets of shabu weighing 0.30 grams with estimated market value of P2, 040, and the P300 marked money.

Indiape said Goboli was under surveillance for almost a month before his arrest.

The suspect is detained at the custodial facility of Police Station 10.

He is facing charges violation of Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.

This posting includes an audio/video/photo media file: Download Now

CPSU to open extension classes in Murcia

Posted: 30 Mar 2021 06:01 AM PDT

THE Kabankalan City-based Central Philippine State University eyed the opening of extension classes for Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness and Bachelor of Science in Information Technology in August in Barangay Salvacion, Murcia.

"We mark another milestone for Murcia. Since education is one of my priority projects, we exerted all efforts to bring CPSU here. The establishment of CPSU here will give Murciahanon students the opportunity to finish their tertiary education for free," said Murcia Mayor Gerry Rojas during the ceremonial signing of the memorandum of agreement for the partnership last March 26 at the town's covered court.

"We are preparing for the school to open this August. Initially, it will just be an extension class, but we will continue working with CPSU to convert this into a campus. Once this becomes a campus, we might be able to offer more courses. We envision that this school, the first tertiary government school in Murcia, will last for a lifetime and will benefit Murciahanon children for many, many more years to come," the mayor added.

Representing the school in the activity was CPSU President Aladino C. Moraca, PhD.

"When Mayor Gerry Rojas first brought up the possibility of this class extension, I asked him why he chose CPSU, instead of other colleges nearer to the town. He replied that he chose CPSU because he wants to further enhance agriculture in Murcia," Moraca said.

Together with the Technical Working Group headed by Mylene Cornel, PhD, Public School District Supervisor of Murcia District II, CPSU decided to offer Agriculture and Information Technology as flagship courses, because agriculture is geared towards food security, while information technology is now the trend globally.

Moraca said that last March 8, the CPSU Board approved the partnership for the extension class in Murcia, together with that in Valladolid.

Murcia and Valladolid will expand CPSU's coverage to 12 campuses all over the province.

This partnership with Murcia is part of CPSU's horizontal growth. The school has an existing enrolment of 12,700 students, which is expected to increase to 15,000, including the projected enrolment in Murcia, when Academic Year 2021-22 opens this August.

"CPSU is following the international standards for education, through our International Standards Organization certification. Since Murcia extension class is attached to the CPSU main campus, the diplomas of the graduates will bear the ISO seal, which means you are world-class. Moreover, CPSU belongs to the top three of all state universities and colleges in the country in all Level I certification of all of its courses," he added.

Witnessing the ceremony were Murcia Vice-Mayor Johnny Reosura, Sangguniang Bayan members and barangay captains, CPSU Vice-President for Research and Extension Mae Flor Posadas, PhD, and other CPSU officers, as well as 3rd District Board Member Manman Ko.

"As a saying goes, a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, today we have taken that small step. With the collective efforts of our parents, our teachers and our municipal officials, we can ensure free quality tertiary education for our children here in Murcia. Rest assured that we in the provincial government will fully support you in this endeavor," Ko said.

During the event, the mayor also presented plaques of appreciation to Carmelo Mabayag, owner of A & M Medcare Products Distributors, for donating almost P400,000 worth of medicines to the town since the Covid pandemic began, and to Angelo B. Lacson, for granting right-of-way in Barangay Lopez Jaena, providing small farmers with a shorter, less expensive route in hauling their canes to the transloading stations or mills. (PR)

This posting includes an audio/video/photo media file: Download Now

NCC engages filmmakers, stakeholders thru webinars, conversation

Posted: 30 Mar 2021 05:59 AM PDT

THE National Committee on Cinema (NCC) of the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) through Cinema Rehiyon 2021 engaged in a conversation and webinars the different participating filmmakers and stakeholders of the festival.

In a virtual Town Hall set-up dubbed as Pintakasi, which means festival and fellowship, NCC chair Rolando Tolentino and the NCC members presented the NCC's own vimeo streaming platform, cash subsidy program, online archiving, Ani ng Dangal accreditation, competitive grants, and ECQ project.

The committee also revisited its stand on national events and issues, like call for government support for artists, bridging Film Development Council of the Philippines and Inter-Guild Alliance protocols, stand on ABS-CBN closure, among others.

Tolentino led the NCC members in realizing the Cinema Rehiyon 2021 by breaking through the online platform despite the limitations of time and the pandemic, which was acknowledged by no less than the NCCA Executive Director Al Ryan Alejandre during the festival launch in March 26.

Meanwhile, the programmed webinars held during the festival dates March 28-30 were aimed to answer the questions LGBTQIA+ in Philippine Cinema Now: Where's the love?; Who has the right to imagine the regions?; Cinema, Cure, Covid: How do we go from here? These questions were also the titles used for the webinars.

The webinar, "LGBTQIA+ in Philippine Cinema Now: Where's the love?," was moderated by Jay Jomar Quintos, with panelists Rhadem Camlian Morados, Cha Roque, PJ Raval and J.E. Tiglao, who all produced and directed films with LGBTQIA+ themes.

Regional filmmakers, festival directors and film scholars Bagane Fiola, Keith Deligero, Juliet Cuizon, Katrina Ross Tan, and Jean Claire Dy discussed their positions to the question, "Who has the right to imagine the regions?"

In the second of the webinar series, Dr. Oona Paredes, a professor at the UCLA served as moderator.

The last of the webinar series deals with "Cinema and COVID-19 in Cinema, Cure, COVID: How do we go from here?"

This session will have filmmakers/film scholar Yam Palma and Adrian Alarilla moderating the panel that will include as speakers the following: Matthew Victor Pastor, Philip Cheah, Teng Mangansakan, Jonnie Lyn Dasalla, and NCC vice head Butch Ibañez.

Free screening of the curated films for Cinema Rehiyon 2021 is still ongoing via the NCCA-NCC vimeo platform, just click on the https://bit.ly/CinemaRehiyon2021_VOD.

Follow, like and subscribe Cinema Rehiyon's Facebook page @cinemarehiyonofficial for more updates. (PR)

This posting includes an audio/video/photo media file: Download Now

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of Summer Sale ☀️😎

20% OFF Inside!🤯 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏...